9.22.2005

Another fine mess

Do I detect a trend?

"We had a hope the Iraqis would rise up and become part of the solution… We just didn't know [about the insurgency]."
Gen. Tommy Franks, August 2, 2004

“I don’t know of any reporting that anyone saw that anticipated an insurgency of this level, and I just have never seen anything like that.”
Colin Powell, December 21, 2004

"What we expected to achieve was never realistic given the timetable or what unfolded on the ground…We are in a process of absorbing the factors of the situation we're in and shedding the unreality that dominated at the beginning."
"Senior official," August 14, 2005

"The collapse of a significant portion of the levee leading to the very fast flooding of the city was not envisioned."
Michael Chertoff, August 31, 2005

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees."
George Bush, September 1, 2005

The Bush administration is doing for incompetence what Bill Clinton did for blowjobs; make it fashionable, and also raise dry cleaning costs.
This is a perfect opportunity to go with the flow. Try these on for size:

"Officer, I never planned for my car to go 45 miles per hour over the speed limit."

"The deadline was not realistic given the unreality that dominated when the assignment was given."

"Your honor, nobody anticipated that when I punched the guy he would actually strike back."

"When I wrote the check, I did not envision that the money was not in the bank."
"I thought more beer would be the solution to my lack of sobriety. I didn't know about intoxication."

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cellania said...

I wish excuses like those would have worked when I was getting in trouble in school! But even Teflon™ wears out if you use it too many times.

25.9.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home