8.01.2005

Running for your life

One or two shots to the head to stop a terrorist suspect may be understandable. Perhaps three or four. But five…six…seven shots to the head?

Immediately, authorities said 27-year-old Jean Charles de Menezes was a subway bomber, later claiming that he was "closely tied" to the terrorists who committed those heinous acts. He wasn't.

Witnesses described de Menezes as "South Asian." Actually, he was Brazilian. It was suggested that he was in Great Britain illegally, and that isn't true either.

They say he jumped over a turnstile. Somehow I have my doubts about that too. Where are the video stills?

With minutes to catch the evening commuter train, I trot from the Metro through Union Station, backpack bouncing on my back. I hope nobody thinks I look too Arabic or South Asian or Brazilian.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I trot from the Metro through Union Station, backpack bouncing on my back. I hope nobody thinks I look too Arabic or South Asian or Brazilian".

Well if your seen emerging from a house that's under surveillance, while wearing a thick coat in the middle of summer and have an expired visa, chances are......

3.8.05  
Blogger Citizen X said...

Yes, but no. Now it's becoming clear (http://www.itv.com/news/index_1677571.html) that De Mendez wasn't wearing a bulky jacket, didn't jump over the turnstile, or behave strangely.

16.8.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess you better break out the bullet proof headgear, or stop trotting.

18.8.05  
Anonymous Rose said...

Nice blog thanks for possting

25.5.22  

Post a Comment

<< Home